USED TO
She used to tell me I was cool
Now she tells me I'm a fool
And I guess I am, that's pretty plain
"Cause now her eyes fill with disdain.
I didn't love her the way I should
I didn't say the things I could
I didn't give her the joy I would
Before this cool guy turned to fool.
It's all my fault, I see that now
But she stuck by me anyhow
Till all the sweetness turned to sour
And she packed her bag and ran.
I miss the face that makes me yearn
I miss the touch that made me burn
If I could go back and all my motives discern
But she doesn't love me now.
She was so wise and wonderful
To me when I was cool
But what woman wants a man like me
That has made himself a fool.
So now I walk sad streets with other
Fools just like myself
Wishing for one more chance to love her
Like I should have before she left.
©️by Voo Shining Stone
Sept 5. 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment