collab

Sunday, June 11, 2017

INSANITY OF THE TRIBES a collab with Voo and Rusky from Oz



         Earth Drum song




Insanity of the Tribes

             a collab result of......................

                  (Mental Wrestling across the Miles)



                     He

The water rippled across her back
Her long dark mane of hair a duck tail at the end
Drenched were we both in the stream
As I pulled her from the rivers edge
Coughing, we took stock of our wounds.

                   I

And I, in wet and wild dismay
Fought, not ungently, against the flow
Curious, bewildered, wanting, not wanting
Tasting water I had yet to drink
I found a kind of healing in your hands.

                       He

We breathed shallow on the banks
My love, an arrowhead buried in her thigh
The insanity of the tribes my silent cry
And a small wince as I pulled it from her flesh
We held tight and I stopped the bleeding with clay and leaves.

                               I

You have hurt me, I said without accusation
For I did not know the ways of man,
The way of the warrior beyond my boundaries
You have torn me and healed me again
You, with the eyes of a tribe I've never touched.

                             He

There was a silence between my love and I 
We whispered  words together, with inaudible sound
As our flesh drew close, I said:
" I am a human being and I recognize nothing other than this love,
This need of you."

                                 He

On every side there flew the arrow
The sound of gunfire, the cry of pain
"Now we must run for our lives, my feathered princess
We must run like the wind
Away from your people and the encroachment of mine."

                                 I

And I, with my heart, acknowledged him
And all he said and did not say
For my father's fathers would not think sacred
The emerald grass on which we lay
Or that strange fire within our breasts.

                              I

His pale hand in my brown, we flew
Across the water and up towards the sky
Through waterfalls and ancient trails
Clinging to new love as old as time
It mattered not how futile seemed the flight.

           He

We flew through clusters of new-borne stars 
Into the eye of the dying sun
Melted down into the core of earth itself
And became a part of the living land
A new tribe, birthed, born out of time.

             I

For just as we, with feet of fire
Found our freedom, our paradise
Beyond the realm of tribe and troop,
The arrows of my father flew
The bullets of your companions sang.


            We

And into arms of soft, soft dream
We fell as one, with lover's cries
Our mouths went seeking,
Our hearts poured out,
Our eyes, not knowing how to say goodbye.

              We

Me, of the earth and of the sky
You, of the sea and distant shore
We lay in arms that felt like home
In a strange, new world
With our hearts knowing like silenced drums,
 We did not belong.





a collab across the miles


©by Voo and Rusky
finished May 16, 2010
3:23 p.m.



RUSSELL/RUSKY

and


 VOO



The Dream by John Trudell


1 comment: