collab

Sunday, September 10, 2017

GREEN APPLES


Green Apples



Love is like a green apple
Juicy
Delicious
Mouthwatering,
Tasty
and
Tempting.


Life is like a green apple
Sweet,
Sour,
Delicate
and
Tough
Within it's peelings.


Every time I see
A green apple,
I want
To take a bite,
I want
To savor the juice
And devour it to the seed.


And yet,
When the apple is gone,
The peelings discarded,
The juice, blotted up,
And the seeds thrown to ground,
I always find myself
Craving still another.


For one apple
Is never enough for me
I am greedy
And eternally hungry,
Continually wanting
To fill my belly
With more.


Ordinary apples
Rarely interest me
I don't know why,
Maybe I am strange
Maybe I am odd,
But my mouth does not water
For the taste of red.


But green apples
Ah!
They call my name
In the middle of night
In the heat of the day,
They beckon me
With memories.


I sink my teeth
Into their juicy flesh
And smile
Savoring the tartness
That comes with the sweet,
But I am insatiable,
Devouring slowly, finishing the last
At the same time looking around
For the next

green apple...............




©by Voo
06/20/10
10:39 p.m.




4 comments:

  1. Women are like Granny Smith apples. They can be firm to the touch yet soft in their heart. They're an excellent source of vitamin L (love)which is good for the health and healing of the soul. (A dose a day keeps the cardiologist away). And highly flavorful to the taste. Fulfilling yet leaving you wanting for more. They're the sweetest of apples you'll ever taste in your heart...........

    I could go on with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read this one? I'm wondering if I'm missing something! If you've already posted on these they're not showing or updating on my end. I think we may have a mystery here for Aachoo Voo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I read all of them, I just was not able to post at the time.
      I'm commenting now And as I write this I am actually Eating a Granny
      Smith apple!!! lol

      Delete