collab

Friday, November 3, 2023

FINDING MY WINGS





Finding My Wings


The night reaches it's darkened fingers
Out to touch my face
And in a flash of lightning I see
The great expanse of nothingness there
Beckoning me to join it
But I will not.

I am a rose petal caught in a breeze
Softly swirling down to a sun baked earth
That gives no nurture, no sustenance
And still I cling to life without my roots
But I cling in hope.

I am a poet without a poem
A singer without a song
A lover without a love
And what is that in the scheme of things?
A beautiful bird that's lost it's wings?

I will fly on in my heart without them
For I will never forget how the current feels
How the clouds taste, how the sky curves
How high I flew when love lifted me.

The night will not take me down
I will fight it with the memory of day
Full moon madness will I ignore
Face thunderstorms with my fists raised high.

I was born for gossamer and grace
Fragrance of flowers and laughing in the sun
A man's arms around me, twirling me in the dance
Not this emptiness that follows me like a shadow.

I will have none of it!
I will regain what has been stolen
I will walk in beauty with my soul intact
With unfelt smiles decorating my face
I will reach my hand out to tomorrow
Where love lies hiding

And I shall fly again.




©by Voo
August 18, 07

No comments:

Post a Comment