collab

Monday, November 19, 2018

LOOKING




Looking

(the beginning of a journey)



Streets as dark as dark can get
Skies as black as blackest jet
I walk these hopeless paths and yet....
Keep looking, I keep looking.

There in the night, a distant light
There in the light, a dim lit sight
I run to see if I am right.....
For looking, always looking.

Too many times, too many days
I've lost my treasure, lost my ways
Grabbed hold so tight, they slipped away....
But continued looking, continued looking.

There is a place, I know, for me
And I will know it when I see
An oasis from this world, will be.....
If I keep looking, just keep looking.

My footsteps, slower now, with age
My life, words, on a yellowed page
My heart, a sad thing in a cage.....
Beats faintly, but still looking, looking.

Love, it calls my unknown name
Like taunting children at a game
Life, it changes, but stays the same....
And I go on looking, I go on looking.

Then up ahead, around a curve
A bright light rises from the swerve
And welcomes me with smile and verve....
And I stop looking, I stop looking.


(the ending)



Written
For the man who is still looking
my friend S.............




Looking For the All Nite Cafe
by John Trudell




©by Voo
March 22, 08
3:50 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. On the streets of gold, as transparent as glass
    Stands the One Who once rode on the back of an ass…(donkey)
    Waiting for you while things come to pass….
    No more looking, no more looking……..

    ReplyDelete