collab

Friday, November 22, 2019

The River Made of Dreams






 The River Made of Dreams




Tonight, my love, I'll be off again
Like I've been wont to do
Rowing down that river of dreams
Searching still for you.

Listening for your heartbeat
The call I hope to hear
Feeling my heart beating fast
When it feels you are near.

Your smile is like my morning sun
Your eyes, my stars at night
Your love is like the moon above
Reflecting Heaven's light.

I follow the compass in my soul
That I know will lead me to
The only love I've ever known
That's ever proven true.

I miss you like a summer's breeze,
Rain on a desert floor
We only had a taste so brief
Of love but I need more.

My love, why did you have to go
Leave me alone and thus
Searching every waterway
On a shore that's turned to dust?

I know you did not mean to leave
It was against your will
Your sad eyes swore your bond to me
And we are bonded still.

The waters took you away from me
In the currents wild and wide
And I followed till I lost sight of you
And there I died inside.

I promised that I would find you again
No matter how hard it seems
And tonight I'll row my boat once more
Down that river made of dreams.



©by Voo
11/22/19

11 comments:

  1. Wow you always seem to impress me Voo. You really do have a remarkable stye to you I and many others like. Keep it up Voo Voo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you, James. Going to a funeral in the morning
      for someone I loved. Feeling very......there are no words, really
      so I wrote a poem. sad smile

      Delete
  3. Feel the sadness in this Voo...another magic write..always the searching. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the sorrow and loss in your words. Luckily, we always have our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I’ve never read this one. 👍……..the essence of a pining heart 💗….lovely tune…….🎶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m doing ok! My shoulder hurts tonight……. I could sure use my therapist right about now!
      How are You?

      Delete