collab

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Eyes Of Night







Eyes of Night


Fallen one
With eyes of night
You came to earth
To steal the light.

Fallen one
With heart of ice
You heed no warning
Take no advice.

Your wants are many
Your needs are few
That man might bow
And worship you.

But I'm a warrior
And this is war
And though I'm wounded
I'll bear my scars.

For you are evil
Personified
And every word
You speak's a lie.

I've felt your shadow
Upon my dreams
I've felt your touch
Like icy streams.

You tease and taunt me
And promise love
But you don't know
What I'm made of.

My soul is mine
You'll never win
Your wage is death
And your job is sin.

I can't be bought
I can't be sold
Your heart is wormwood
And mine is gold.

So take your whispers
And your treasures all
To the depths of Hades
For I'll never fall.



©by Voo
Feb 28. 2010
8:32 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. The one who roams the earth looking for someone whom he can devour!
    Interesting read! So expressive!
    I read it from the bottom up and it came out differently to me. From the top she gives him a description of himself before giving him the adios! From the bottom up she sends him on then tells him why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow!!! D'Sal, it never occurred to me to do that but it works!!!! That's brilliant! I love it! Wow!!!! Only you, my friend, only you......😀

      Delete