collab

Saturday, March 18, 2017

I PLAY FOR YOU A VIOLIN




















I Play For You a Violin



I play for you a violin
And song so soft and sweet
I keep my eyes downcast, demure
As I sit at your feet.

I play for hours at your request
Till time has lost it's meaning
And candles burn down to their wicks
And night is slowly weaning.

Before the dawn has fully come
You hold your hand up high
And bid me stop my melody
Arise and say goodbye.

You do not look back at my face
Tearstung and raised to light
You do not see the love I bear
As you pass from my sight.

A servant girl, that's all I am
With gifted hands to play
Sweet melodies to comfort you
From torments of your day.

A king of royal dynasty
A man of power and yet
You find no peace in power's grasp
No love in life's plan set.

And so I play and so you listen
In silence, just we two
Night after night till daylight breaks
And my heart breaks for you.

You have no inkling of the love
I feel there as I play
Pretending you are mine alone
Till morn takes you away.

To kingly duties, kingly demands
The power of life and death
There in your words, there in your hands
There in your very breath.

All day I wait till midnight comes
For the summon and the call
Your weary face so full of woe
Till at your feet I fall.

And I play for you my violin
Pray peace into the gloom
Wait for your sigh with tear filled eyes
As my love fills up the room.






















©by Voo
April 28, 2007
3:45 p.m.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet and moving poem. She can play for me anytime. And I’ll sit at her feet! Thank you my sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bless you! I'd give anything if I could play violin and piano!!!!

      Delete
    2. I have played the guitar, the banjo, (I have a banjo), the violin, the field, (I’ll let you figure that one out), and the cornet! The cornet has been my favorite. She (Liza) has been with me since 6th grade. She has a mellow tone unlike the sharp tone of the trumpet. But I want to get back to playing the villain, I mean the violin! I’m definitely a funny guy! I think when this shoulder therapy is over in a few weeks I’m going away to the property for a few weeks where I can play to my hearts content. It’s so peaceful there and all my animal friends are there and they can come to camp and listen if they’d like. I really need this! 😔

      Delete