collab

Saturday, March 18, 2017

FOR A TIME a collab with Voo and Andy


















For A Time
(can someone say Shallow???)




He opens his eyes
And sees that the sun has been awake for hours
He stares around the dimly lit room
And watches the dust particles dancing
Across the sunbeams that leak through the curtains.

The night is slowly coming back to him
He sees a woman kissing him and she's naked
But he can't make out the face, only the lips
And he tightly closes his eyes.

She walks out of the bathroom, smiling
Moving gracefully like the dust, into the hall
Standing in the doorway, she looks at him
Like she's daring him to come taste her lips.

He thinks about morning breath
And what he might eat for breakfast
He wonders whether or not he really likes this woman
But he decides to touch her anyway.

And, for a time, he's in love.

But reality sets in about three o'clock
And he just wants her gone
He wants his football game and his rum and coke
And his bachelorhood back.

He doesn't know how to tell her to go
She's wearing one of his shirts and smiling
The bedroom looks like a cyclone hit it
And it doesn't look like she's about to straighten up.

Didn't you say you had a cat to feed?
He finally comes up with
And she gives him this funny look and stands up
And goes into the bathroom, slamming the door.

When she comes out, she's dressed
Her makeup is great, her hair is brushed and full
Her jeans are tight and she's filling out that sweater like a pinup girl
Damn! She looks good! What was I thinking, he asks himself.

And, for a time, he's in love.

Well, I'll get out of your hair, she says, pouting
It's obvious you've had your fun and you want me gone
No, no, it's not like that, he fumbles and puts out his hand
But she backs away and says, Don't touch me and leaves.

Two days later, it's Sunday afternoon
He's lying there on the couch watching t.v. and he's bored
I wonder...? he says out loud and then answers himself, No
Don't you dare call that girl.

He can't even remember her face
But he sure does remember those jeans
The more he thinks about them, the wilder he gets
Until he can't take it anymore and picks up the phone.

Two hours later, a girl knocks on the door
And he's so excited he can't think straight
He's cleaned the house, lit some candles, put on some music
He even shaved and changed shirts just for her.

Damn, you look good, baby!
He murmurs as she walks in and hugs him
I can't tell you how much I've missed you and thought about you
Me, too, she says and takes off her sweater.

And, for a time, he's in love.

Will you stay the night? he asks almost shyly
I know I was kinda cold the last time you were here
But I've thought about it and I think I really love you, Linda
Do you? the girl asks. That's good. But I'm Linda's friend, Lorraine.

Damn! He slaps his hand against his forehead
Why didn't I know it wasn't the same girl?
What's wrong with me, am I really that shallow?
But he looks her up and down and says, I am so over Linda, you have no idea.

Two days later, he's drumming his fingers on the table
Looking at her eating her cornflakes
And he thinks: I have morning breath but I don't care
The honeymoon is over and I don't even remember the wedding.

Three weeks down the road
He's so lonesome he could cry
He goes into a bar, orders a drink, looks around
Sees a pair of tight jeans and he's in love again.

For a time.



    
    ©collab by Andy and Voo
         November 08

                                                         
                                                                                








  Andy
                                                                
           
                           Voo               
                                                                  



Men..............talkin bout men!!!!!!!!  lol lol

No comments:

Post a Comment