collab

Saturday, March 25, 2017

IN YOUR PARADISE


                                                                                       

start music now



sounds of water, play now
with music







In Your Paradise



What are you doing? he asked 
As I answered the phone 
On a sunny, sacred  Sunday
Autumn  afternoon.                                           

Without hesitation, in my poetic way 
I replied, I am lying in a green and white room 
Full of sunshine and rainbows
That are spun by little twirling prisms
In the bare windows



On a white sofa 
Covered by a faux white mink throw, 
Listening to the most gorgeous music 
On the planet Earth.                                                                        

A bamboo water fountain in the corner of the room 
Is tickling my ears with it's delicate water song 
And the cat is curled upon the carpet 
In his favorite spot of warm Vitamin D.
  
                         
       

I am sipping from a cup of green tea 
Reading a book by an incredible woman 
Who has traversed the world on amazing adventures 
And in the traversing, learned who she is and who she is not.



I am gloriously happy in my little house
And my green and white room
Full of music and sun and peaceful moments
That I find so rarely in this run amok world.

It is a haven here now, alone, quiet, lovely
I have all I need for the moment 
Dinner is cooking on the stove and the aroma is wonderful 
Outside, the birds are rehearsing for an afternoon symphony 
And I am their eager audience. 

    


I feel no need to speak,
To hear no other voice,
To go anywhere or to do anything
But what I am doing now.

Soon, I will write a poem 
And try to describe what it is I am feeling 
And thinking and hearing on this beautiful Sunday afternoon 
But that will come later.
          
Right now, I am content to just be            
To just listen and hear and taste and touch 
The supernatural beauty of this natural gift, 
This day that only God could make, 
This peace that only He can give.

It doesn't take much to make me happy 
It doesn't have to be a palace,                                           
It doesn't require a private island, 
I do not need to be a queen.

All I need is what I have,
Who I am, where I lie,
A gentle sigh, a ray of sun
An orange leaf, a flow of water,
A violin and I am happy.
    


And he was quiet 
With contemplation 
I heard him thinking, 
I felt him yearning 
Over the phone from miles away.



And he said: 
And what about me, Voo? 
What about me?
Is there no spot 
In that paradise in which you lie
No need or want or place for me?

And, without answer,
I hung up the phone 
As gently as I could 
Because I didn't want to say 
What I wanted to say ...........

Perhaps when the night falls, 
Perhaps, I'll change my mind 
But in this moment,
I'm sorry,
No.    




                       

 ©by Voo Shining Stone
Oct 28, 2012
a true story
for S




1 comment:

  1. What an elegant way to tell a man to hit the road! "I'll call if I need you!"

    ReplyDelete