collab

Saturday, March 25, 2017

THE FALL DOWN DAYS


soundtrack




The Fall Down Days




And now in the fall down days
Of my solitary heart
I sit reading in the corner
Of a musty library
Drinking tea and watching spiders
Spin their silvery webs along the shelves.


It's always raining outside
And the west wind whispers my name
Ever so softly
There's usually a book of poetry
Lying in my lap
Maybe even one of mine from ages past.


Celebrity is a heady thing
It raises you up and pulls the rug
Out from under you
Just when you get comfortable
And think they really love you.


Everything that goes up
Must come down
Fame and fortune, life and love
Dreams and spotlights
But, oh, especially love.










©byVoo
2006


my reading of the poem on soundcloud
                               

Nocturne op. N9 No.2-Chopin
                                   

12 comments:


  1. Everything that goes up, must come down................But, oh, especially love. Ironically, the greatest of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! smile Doing better today. Yay!

      Delete
    2. I'm getting closer to the surface now, my buddy. I can see light....

      Delete
    3. naw, had a setback......sorry.
      I'm thinking of going offline for a while.
      I need a reset. I might go to Hawaii in a
      couple of months. Might even move there.
      It's the only place that ever really felt like home.
      I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
    4. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..me sorry.
      whatchoo sad about, Compadre?????

      Alegrar! tienes un amigo (such as I am) lol

      Delete
    5. Move to Hawaii!! What's in Hawaii? We'll be time zones apart! I'm fine, mi amiga! We'll always be friends. I want what's best for you. You'll have to tell me about your setback. And what can I do for you?

      Delete
    6. I have friends and relatives over there for one thing.
      I can actually sleep over there for another. It's gorgeous.
      It's wonderful and just feels like home. Plus, I need a change of scenery.

      Delete