collab

Saturday, August 10, 2019

The End Of The Line





The End of the Line
.
.
I can hear it coming
But I can’t see it come
It’s coming straight on through the dark
And I’m waitin’ here at home.
.
.
A big black train, a nightmare
Coming down the track
It’s taking my soul on a trip
But it ain’t coming back.
.
.
It comes for those a’ dying
It comes for those who weep
For those who don’t know it’s the end
As they lay down to sleep.
.
.
But me, I know I’m dying
I’ve known it for some time
And I will ride that big black train
To the end of that old line.
.
.
And where that end is, I don’t know
But I hope it’s Glory bound
I ain’t got nothin’ here to pack
Lord, ain’t that a lonesome sound?
.
.
I’m just a hobo in this world
Not really known for much
But where I’m goin’ we’re all the same
No highs and lows and such.
.
.
My brother is the favored son
He’s tall and fine and proud
The squeaky wheel always gets the grease
And well, he squeaks real loud.
.
.
Nobody ever notices me
They won’t worry when I’m gone
I’m just a no-good lay-a-bout
That likes to ride and roam.
.
.
Well, here it comes, that awful train
So long, Old Pop and Mother
Say what?! I’m still here and alive
But the train done took my brother.
.
.
©by Voo
copyrighted
May 12, 2011

3 comments: