collab

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Shelter Me





    Shelter Me


    Shelter me, O Lord, I pray
    In the brightness of the day
    In the darkness of the night
    Say you'll never leave my sight.

    Father me when I am small
    And more so when I'm grown and tall
    For it is then, I need you most
    For grown ups oft have no one close.

    Call me when I stray too far
    Always tell me where you are
    Guide my feet back on the path
    And heal my heart with your sweet laugh.

   Teach me how to trust you more
   Walk on faith to reach the shore
   Hold my head up and not kowtow
  When Evil tries to make me bow.

 Show me how your own heart feels
 And let me know that love is real
 Let me learn to care and serve
 That love to those who don't deserve.

In your image I was made
Till sin made you fast fade away
Cleanse me from my shame and sin
And in your image, make me again.

Lord, I need you every hour
Your anointing, your great power
Let me see me through your eyes
And separate me from the lies.

For all my days and all my years
Lord, cleanse me with your righteous tears
Wash me in your Holy blood
And let your words become my food.

This I ask this very night
Take my wrongs and make them right
Let me feel safe where I may roam
And know with you, I'm always home.

I do not need this world of dirt
With all it's heaviness and hurt
It's beauty great from sea to sea
(But it's arms can never shelter me.)

And one day soon, from here I'll rise
To flee the Earth and it's blue skies
Go home to Glory, our Father's land
Forever in your presence, stand.

It can't come too soon, can't come too soon
I don't need the sun, don't need the moon
Only one thing can't be replaced:
The love that shines on your dear face.

And if I've that, I'll need no more
No bed, no table, no house, no door
And I will tell the world it's true
Lord, I don't need anything but You.



©by Voo
found partially finished on computer
finished July 18, 2014
2:20 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment