collab

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Resistance


Resistance

I almost burned my tongue when I kissed you
The heat was hotter than the noonday sun
Raising my eyes to meet yours with their brown
The color of warm, sweet honey with a twinkle of mischief
I couldn't resist the tasting
I couldn't resist the wanting
I couldn't resist the wildness
That flooded through me like a colt set loose
On a green, green field in a sun drenched month of May
But I pulled back
And hurt crept into your beautiful eyes
And puzzlement frowned at me using your face
Tossing a lock of hair off your forehead, you tilted back
Till all I could see was your chin and all I could hear
Was your sigh
Then you shrugged and hunched your shoulders
And walked away, crunching the gravel with angry shoes
Silently, I watched you go, willing you to turn back
And when you did, that sweet, sweet mouth
And those honey brown eyes
Were as cold as ice.



©by Voo
December 23, 2006
 7:30 p.m.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting poem! A little resistance can make all the difference in the world. Very nice touch!

    Goodbye Voo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you didn’t think it was a “dear Voo” letter! It was meant as a friendly “I’ll see you later” or I’ll chat with you later” goodbye! Mi culpa Your Graciousness!

    ReplyDelete