collab

Sunday, July 31, 2022

The Man That You Are




The Man That You Are


I don't know how to tell you this
Or even how to start
My mind is telling me to stop
So I'll listen to my heart.

You inserted yourself into my life
In a quiet, friendly way
Encouraging me to think more of myself
And adding some cheer to my day.

I didn't quite know what to think of you
You were different from all other men
So encouraging and kind with a deep profound mind
Looking forward and not where you'd been.

You seemed to be a wise man
And loyal, sweet and true
You broke down my walls of  dark mistrust
And became my own "Guru."

But though I know you by your spirit
Mysterious you have remained
And I have come to this conclusion
That life minus you would just not be the same.

With you, I became my truest self
And not the woman I portray
To friends and family and fans
And passers-by throughout my day.

With you, I let my heart run free
Let down my hair and bare my soul
My wild and crazy, loving heart
That you make me feel is made of gold.

I like the me you saw in me
Unlike the me I always felt
Was inferior and nothing special
And doomed to play the cards life dealt.

I've seen your face a thousand times
On internet and laptop screens
That little "Mona Lisa" smile
That haunts me even in my dreams.

And I've done things with you in dreams
That I haven't done as yet for real
 Because you've taught me to let go
And go with what I want to feel.

I've been so shut off from the world
From life in general and from myself
Compartmentalized all parts of me
Till I didn't know what parts were left.

You took a frightened little girl
Who hid in books and poems and prose
And brought the woman out in me
That blossomed like your red, red rose.

And though I may not ever see
You near me as you dwell so far
I want to tell you here and now
That I love you for the man you are.

And the man you are is wonderful
And the man you are is great
And the man you are is heaven-sent
And so worth a long, long wait.

I don't know how I know you
I just know I've always known
And that when I first looked in your eyes
My heart felt it was home.

I know I shouldn't tell you this
I think you'll be quite caught off guard
But I have to tell you how I feel
Which for me, is very hard.

But I hope you take these words to heart
And know you are my shining star
And where ever you go in this life, you'll know
That I really do love the man that you are.





©by Voo
February 13, 2019
10:53 p.m.







  



      

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! You sure know me very well, Voo!
    Wonderful poem! 😉🌹❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol David!!! how are you, Not Round???!!! Hey, did Patrick email you? He's back in the poetry group on mewe!!!

    ReplyDelete