collab

Monday, May 4, 2020

No Place For Me








No Place For Me


I toss and turn here in this bed
Looking for your form
I reach to feel the empty place
And my heart feels forlorn.

Why can't you be where you belong?
Why can't you be with me?
Why must you run toward other goals
That only you can see?

I try to hear and rationalize
But my heart can't understand
It only knows that I'm a woman
That needs to hold her man.

A woman, true and needing
To love as only a woman can
A woman who needs to just be needed
As only a true man can.

But you are there and I am here
And never the twain shall meet
For if they could I'd run to you
Upon my winged' feet.

This life is just a game of chance
But not even a real game
It's just a plodding day to day
The same but not the same.

They say God has a plan for us
But we don't know what's in store
And every day in every way
We find that we need more.

Because the world gives less and less
And takes what little we still hold
We trudge along without a song
As our youth gives in to old.

So when true love falls onto us
We need to grasp it tight
For wealth and fame and a well known name
Can't hold us in the night.

But you have not learned that fact yet
For you're still running for the prize
Needing everything but what
Is here right before your eyes.

And you're gone again here from my bed
Up and gone with dawn
Leaving me with empty arms
And a heart that feels alone.

I hope you make your dreams come true
And bring to pass for all to see
But in my heart I know that in the dreams you dream
That there is no place for me.

©by Voo
Sept 8. 2019
11:40 p.m.



16 comments:

  1. I know the sentiment all too well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy must be out of his mind to leave her in this state. No way!
    I love the song! What are the chances.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...full of comments.....haha you're too funny.

      Delete
    2. Oh, so you're challenging me!!! I'll take you up on that.

      Delete
    3. What are the chances.............? (Back Street Boys style)
      What if I were to run into you? What would you say to me? You want to see my license? Why? And my insurance card too?
      What if I hadn't noticed you? What would you say to that? You'd slap me and then turn and walk away? I'd call that assault and battery. By the way, I need a jump-start. My battery's gone dead!
      What if I hadn't asked for your name? What do you mean you wouldn't give it to me anyway? I done gave you mine. Oh! You've forgotten it.
      What if I hadn't smiled at you? Don't look at me like that. I see that grin on your face!
      What's a girl like you doing in a place like this anyway? None of my business? Well!!!
      What do you mean, What's a guy like me doing in a place like this? Looking for you of course.
      I could have just walked away, who would have thought? Hey wait. Where you goin?
      What are the chances we end up dancing? When what freezes over? I'll wash your mouth out with soap. OK, that's enough, where's the soap!
      What if I put my arms around you? You'd break my what?
      Of all of the plans that I could have made with you in a crowded room, what are the odds? a million to none? (It just gets better don't it!)

      What's a guy like me doing in a place like this? Why getting close to you honey,and here we are! Ouch!!! That hurt!! Don't scratch the face, it's my "girl getter". No, I wasn't in Deliverance. Why? Do I look like Burt Reynolds? Oh I see! You're just checkin me out now! I knew you were just messin with me the whole time. Can I buy you a drink? Can I give you a ride. You'll have to jump my ride off first...............


      Delete
    4. You are BANANAS!!!!!! oh my lord!!! I am totally rofl here!!!!
      that was hilarious!!!! I'll give you a ride if you jump me off first....omg.
      well, if I could jump your car off why would I need a ride, Kemosabe???!!!!
      Oh, the awful implications in this write!!!!haha Back Street Boys B Boy style...
      go on with yer bad self!!!! you are a nut, you know it???? lol 😘😄

      Delete
    5. Sometimes I feel like a nut. Sometimes I don't! Awful implications? I kept it clean! Can you give a guy a jump or a lift?

      Delete
    6. yes you did...but...the implications were there........
      I read between the lines...always have..whether I want to or not.

      Delete
    7. Nah!! That was just my imagination, running away with me!!!!

      Delete
    8. It is funny though when I get going. It just comes outta nowhere. Just making up something!

      Delete
    9. https://youtu.be/9dntINzVzcQ love this version of that great song

      Delete
    10. I see what you mean. I like her version better. Or was it, just my imagination?

      Delete