collab

Monday, May 4, 2020

The Dream Came True


The Dream Came True



Many years ago, I had a dream
And the dream came true yesterday
I stood where I am standing now
And I heard my sad heart say:

I never dreamed I'd see this day
Of this departure, I couldn't conceive
I thought this man would live forever
And I could not believe.

I saw him lying where he lays now
I saw his brown eyes closed
He's playing one of his pranks, I thought
That's what I then supposed.

But he never opened his eyes again
At least, not on this earthly plane
But in Heaven, he lifted up his eyes
And in wonder, smiled again.

He saw his parents waiting there
His son, sister and his brother
And Jesus holding out his arms to him
And my father and my mother.

They knew him and they welcomed him
Though in life here on this earth
That day never came, much to my shame
For in him, they saw no worth.

But for him, I gave up my whole life
And all I'd ever known
Gave up my family and friends
To make his heart my home.

And life was hard and I knew heartbreak
But there was a lot of joy
With that man who was old enough to be my dad
But in his heart, still just a boy.

He had his little sayings,
His eccentricities to boot
His eyes would light up when you walked in
And he'd yell, "Wahoot!"

He had his goofy stories, 
His ways that drove you mad
He told his kids that he was a "toad"
And they'd laugh and say, Oh, Dad!"

He had his faults and failings
Of those things, we're all aware
But we never thought the day would come
When that man would not be there.

I remember when I had the dream
Those long long years ago
I woke in tears, overcome by fears
And prayed to God in woe.

I called my friends and pastors
To tell me what it meant
For I knew that dream was prophetic
And from whom that dream was sent.

And days went by and still I cried
And held my fearful breath
Till I went to a church where a woman was praying
And she said, "I see a death."

"But it's not a normal death," said she
As in this world where death is rife
For I see that man come out of that coffin
And be raised up in new life!"

"When he comes up, he'll not be the same
Sister, try to understand
When his old nature is put to death
He'll be a brand new man!"

 And, oh, the joy that flooded me!
To this day, praise I still give
To the Lord who'd heard my every prayer
And gave him more time to live.

And I have no doubt, he worked it out
And laid down his pride somehow
Surrendered himself to the King of Kings
And that he is with Him now.

It's the end of an era, a friend told me
When he heard that Robert had passed
And I knew exactly what he meant
And that the time had come at last.

But this time, I am not afraid for him
But glad to know he's gone
From this place of pain, and fears and tears
Up to Paradise, his home.

I  want to remember him as he was
Not the victim of tragedy's knife
But a man who seemed to stand ten feet tall
And who was larger than life.

I know we'll miss him now he's gone
And count each day and hour and minute
Till we see him again,  but this world will never
Be the same without him in it.


©by Voo
June 15, 2019
2:42 p.m.




6 comments:

  1. I can feel your feelings in your writing for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was my whole world for over half my life....
      I grew up with his kids....haha true story.

      Delete
  2. What a tribute to him. Your heartfelt feelings no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true story!!!
      I walked into a little church meeting and this lady was ministering with her husband
      and she told me something about seeing a basket fullof good fruit or something when she
      prayed for me and I was so disappointed because I NEEDED an answer from God about that dream! It was tearing me apart! I was desperately still in love with my husband though I had been forced to leave him. She walked across the room and I was pleading silently...Oh, God, Oh God, please!!!! Oh, Please! And she walked back to me and said..I see a death. I almost fainted! She told me the dream and what it meant just like Daniel did in the Bible. It was amazing! I was so happy! So thankful to God. And it all unfolded just like this poem.....

      Delete
    2. That is amazing. Only God could reveal it.

      Delete
    3. exactly. one of the most incredible things I ever witnessed.

      Delete