collab

Monday, May 4, 2020

Tears Have Been My Companions





Tears Have Been My Companions 


Lost years had shadowed me so long
I couldn't see the sun
I couldn't find the strength to crawl
Never mind to run.......

I looked in the mirror and every day
A stranger looked back there at me
She covered my eyes and filled me with lies
And pure darkness was all I could see........

What hope that I found was found in the sound
Of the music that played in the world
And when it died, I died inside
A lost and lonely girl..........

I didn't know just who I was
I didn't know my name
The more I changed and tried to fit
The more things stayed the same.........

Putting on the costumes
They gave me for the parts
I read my lines and took my bows
With the other broken hearts.........

Crying in the mid of night
My pillow stained and torn
From screaming questions out of fright
And torment hard to be borne..........

I lived in fear. I lived with tears
My life was filled with grief
I laughed and played my parts so well
But tears were my relief........

And now, but now, I've found myself
The true me, after all
The building that I thought I was
I watched it burn and fall...........

And tears are still my companions
Though not instruments for fear to employ
To my great surprise, when Love touched my eyes
Those same tears filled my eyes with joy.




by Voo
Oct 7, 2006
4:30 p.m.
copyrighted

words by Voo, melody by Linda Rose
song by Spirit Song 



7 comments:

  1. My heart just breaks for her. I just want to take her away from all that. That's the big brother in me talking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I wrote this about myself actually and Linda read it
      and said, Wow, you just wrote my life story!!! so she turned it into a song.
      Doesn't she have a beautiful voice??

      Delete
    2. She has a beautiful voice. And that is a great honor to have someone take one of your poems and turn it into a song. Your poems are truly heartfelt. BraVoo!

      Delete
    3. Bravoo!!! another vooism. you'll have to share that with our girl Destiny Rose..
      she started all that....she'll get it. tell her I said hi

      Delete
  2. This is what I wrote to Destiny:

    “Island Girl, I heard from Voo and she says hello and had another Vooism for you. A champion one at that. She gave up some good words and I told her BraVoo for it and it just stuck. So now here’s a champion tune to go with that........”

    Here’s the tune! (Enjoy it)

    https://youtu.be/Y963o_1q71M

    She wrote back,

    “Very nice one @davidsalinas and thank you for the message from Voo. That is so clever. BraVoo haha, can’t wait to see that in print! 🤩”

    Just relaying our short conversation.

    ReplyDelete