collab

Monday, May 4, 2020

Teach Me To Love





Teach Me To Love 



I know a lot about a lot of things
And a bit about a few
But all I really want to know 
Is how to find a love that's true.

I'm very highly educated
And most definitely well read
But all I want is to get in my heart
What's always been in my head.

They say I am a pretty girl
And intelligent and fun
So why can't I with all my gifts
Find my one and only one?

I don't think that I am all that shy
Nor am I all that bold
But I'd do anything to find
True love before I'm old.

'Cause life without the song of love
Is just not life at all
There is no reason to have a voice
If no one hears you call.

I see so many couples
Walking hand in hand
Happy women smiling at
Their happy smiling man.

But love just passes by my heart
Like I'm not even there
As lovers lie and make me cry
And prove that they don't care.

I do not know what I do wrong
Or what love wants of me
There's something there that I can't hear
And something I can't see.

Maybe love wants no part of me
And maybe love I'll never find
But  if I had a teacher to teach me to love
Maybe I could make it mine.

It's worth a shot, what have I got
To lose but a broken heart?
I've got to stop this giving up
Before I even start.

I've got so much inside of me
To give to someone else
I've saved up love all of my life
But lived loveless and bereft.

I know I could make someone happy
And I would treat them right
So I'm here to sign up for your course
Can you teach me tonight?

I'll be a willing student
For you know of love's sweet charms
 And I'm here to learn how to make love come
And hold it in my arms.

I've got a home here in my heart
For love to live and stay
And I'll gladly give it to the one
Who won't throw that love away.



I Wanna Know What Love Is


©By Voo
July 7, 2019
7:14 p.m.



Teach Me Tonight
by Dinah Washington


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol?? why do you lol, my friend?
      To keep from crying???? lol but not really lol

      Delete
  2. Nope nothing the phereus just giggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL please ignore my voice recognition software sometimes gets a mind of its own. I meant to say nothing just the school girl giggling

      Delete